Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole

Last night, some of the boys came over. We ate tater tot casserole. It was my first time making it. I couldn't find a recipe that I thought would be fabulous, so I just created my own. :)
Tater Tot Casserole
1 32oz. Bag frozen tatertots
2 cups cheddar cheese (seperated)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb ground beef
2 green onion stalks
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon garlic salt(we REALLY like garlic :))

Preheat oven to 350F
Brown beef
Cover the bottom of a greased 9x13 with the browned beef. Top with salts and slices of green onion.
Layer chicken soups and 1 cup cheese on top of beef.
^Meat and soups before cheese and tater tots
On top of soups and beef, press in tater tots. I didn't end up using the entire bag, just about 3/4ths or so.
Top off tater tots with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until tater tots are cooked and cheese has melted.
^The finished product before the oven
The boys LOVED it. Usually, they eat one helping and they're through. They ate two BIG helpings. I had to make them stop going back for more so that the others would have some left! This was definitely a hit and will be made again soon.
Yum!
Enjoy :)
xoxo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment