Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fourty Nine

Promised to write again soon, didn't I? Yes! I did! And look, here I am!
We sent mom off on an airplane on Monday. She made it back to Austin safe and sound. I made sure to take Wednesday off from volunteering so I got to straighten up the house and get it back to working order before heading off to 'work' today.
Friday, mom went with my to one of my schools I volunteer at. I think she really enjoyed it and as soon as the kids realize that my mom was present, they either acted REALLY good or they acted REALLY silly. Ha! It was fun to watch, that's for sure :)
These are three of my girls in my last class. The two in the front are VERY good at english. Even if they don't know how to pronounce something or know how to speak it, they comprehend a lot!
My last class is almost ALL boys! Only my three sweet girls in the above picture.
This past weekend was a busy one. The Army Birthday Ball was on Saturday night. It was fun to get all dolled up and go out looking pretty. Joshua wore his Class A's (his Army dress clothes) and I wore a long black ball gown. We ate a yummy three course meal at a very snazzy hotel and listened to them gab about the Army. We enjoyed a couple glasses of wine and overall just had a nice night. It was fun to get out, get dressed up, and hang out.
On the bus to the Exco
Joshua and I outside the Exco center
Our fancy-shmancy table

I mailed out quite a few postcards this week, also. Maybe 7 or so. Check your mailboxes, people. You never know what you can find in there... besides a cobweb or two ;)

Also, I just had to share since I recently discovered this. So so funny! I think one day this kid will laugh at all of this and realize how cool his dad actually is!
http://waveatthebus.blogspot.com

xoxo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment