Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fifty-One

So much to say in such a small amount of time to say it!
First, I will start off with my discovery today. I realized that one of the COOLEST Sunday school teachers from my Junior and Senior year lives in Colorado (where we are being stationed after Korea). Also, used mapquest and discovered that she's only an hour away! I am BEYOND excited. I haven't seen either of her boys that she had since I graduated high school and I can't wait to meet them. She and her husband are really cool, down to Earth, God-loving people. They are JUST the kind of people we need to have when moving far away from home :)
Second, we had dinner with the guys yesterday. We had a summery and childhood type meal. Sloppy Joes, french fries, corn, and peach cobbler.
The sloppy joes were delicious. I ground and browned 3 lbs of meat, added 3 cans manwich and added in one can of pork and beans (an extra addition that I threw in from a suggestion on a recipe that I found). There were 8 of us all together and almost ALL 3 lbs of sloppy joes were gone. I made LOTS of to-go plates for the boys and sent them on their merry way. Hopefully they enjoyed their dinner again tonight.
Nothing exciting has happened. I am waiting on a big package in the mail: books! LOTS of books!! Okay, so maybe only 4 books, but still- BOOKS!!!! I can't wait for them to hurry up and arrive. I've been waiting almost 3 weeks and they still haven't made it here :( My best friend sent me a package in the mail. In the package, she sent me Water For Elephants (the book). I read it in three days! I have been yearning for more books ever since. I love reading. Book worm over here, for sure!
I made some snickerdoodles 2 days ago, so I will post the delicious recipe here soon. I also have a recipe (and pictures) for my peach cobbler that I made for the boys so I will post that soon, too.
Off to shower and get to bed. Will update with pictures soon :)
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that was the nicest thing to hop over and read today! You are too sweet! HUG - Can't wait to see you! I love your excitment and energy and so miss your smile ... You are PRECIOUS - and I know the boys are going to LOVE YOU! Excited, excited, excited!

    ReplyDelete