Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Seventy

We have a sweet new addition in our family. He's been with us since Dec 23rd, but I haven't gotten a chance to introduce him here...properly :)
His name is Sirius. Sirius Black!
He's 8 months old and black except for a couple little stray white hairs. He's spoiled rotten and is my little partner-in-crime. He sleeps above my head at night and usually likes to wake me up early to be pet and loved on even though I'm exhausted and just want to sleep! He's a minx, but I adore him.


We are moved and almost completely settled in our house on post. There are a few more things we'd like to get taken care of, but as of right now, I'm fully content with this! Joshua really likes his job here in Colorado and I'm really liking the way things are going for now so it's a good thing. In March, I got a chance to visit one of my best friends who lives in DC. It was a super awesome trip and I am dying to go back. When I got home from said March trip, I showed Joshua all my pictures and he was hooked....completely! We are going back in June! I can't wait. 
Here's a couple from my trip in March. It was such a good time and I got to experience things that I never thought I would!
 The cherry blossoms
 The National Cathedral
 The view from the top of the cathedral
 Ashley and I at the top after the 30 story Tower Climb
 Sprinkles cupcakes
Arlington National Cemetery
 Tomb of the Unknown Soldier



The Lincoln Monument

 The Library of Congress. Aka- the largest Library in the United States and second largest in the world!
Our Capitol! Was amazing to see in person...but then I remembered that the Texas capitol is bigger and it made me a little happy ;)

Whew. That was a lot of fun! There was so much more that I did, but don't want to bore you with all the nonsense!

I have a couple NEW recipes to share! I can't wait!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment