Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Sixth...Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!Hope yours was lovely.About 15 minutes until 12 on New Years Eve night,Joshua and I discussed that it was so weird to be sitting here this year. On new years of 2009,I never thought that for 2010, I'd be sitting in South Korea at a random hole-in-the-wall bar watching Rolling Stone music videos with a ring on my finger and planning a wedding. Joshua and I had an "i love you" conversation when we first started dating. He told me that he knew that there was no way he could ever say "i love you" to a girl within the first 6 months of dating....a few months later,he said it to me!How odd life is.We never know where we will end up or where Christ will lead us in the years to come.I never thought I'd be engaged to a soldier and living temporarily on the other side of the world...it still blows my mind.
Well,without further ado,to ring in the New Year,we first went bowling with Josh's closest friend over here, Dustin. After we got done with that at 11,we went to one of the little bars around post called Rolling Stone.Its a very American-ized bar,which is nice.They had balloons covering the ceiling

And when the clock stuck 12, the Korean owner brought out sparklers and Roman Candles for everyone to do.

The owner also handed out little blowers

The evening of Jan 1st,we went to Daegu with The Watsons and about 6 other people. We went out to eat at a Canadian Owned restraunt and then went to the upstairs bar so that the boys could play Foosball
They were so intense!lol The owner and his friends are all Canadian so they also had the America vs Canada hockey game on. We watched the end of it with them and Canada ended up winning in double overtime by one point!!it was so intense. It was the first time most of us had even relaly watched a hockey game,too. It was fun. After that, me and joshua went and perused a few stores and stopped at a Korean McDonalds.Their menu has some American Mcdonald "classics" but it has some of the weird stuff too.like the 3rd burger from the left is Bulgogi burgers and the next one is a little cheeseburger.its tiny!how is anyone supposed to eat that?!ah!

After that,we went back to the train station. I took a picture of the train station so that everyone can see what it looks like :) Can you see the Dunkin Donuts on the right hand side?these people LOVE dunkin donuts!


Okay, well thats all the entertainment that I have to share for now!I hope everyones holidays were great!I miss and love you all!I will be home sometime near January 31st.

Until Next Time,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment