Welcome!!

This is a blog to keep our family and friends up to date on our lives even though we all live so far away from each other!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fifty Four

Woo hoo! As of today, I am officially 45 days away from being back home (Joshua is officially 53 days away). We are excited and trying to get everything in order with the Army to make sure we are ready to leave this place when our date comes up and then we can head to our new home... Colorado!
I have been mapping out our route to take to get to Colorado Springs from Austin. Just over halfway in our trip up, we will pass through Amarillo. I, personally, have never been there, so we decided to stay overnight and do a little sight seeing. They have some really cool places that I'm excited about. First, Palo Duro Canyon. I've always heard of it but never seen it. I am beyond ecstatic to know it's just south of Amarillo. The next exciting place is The Big Texas Steak Ranch. It's a large (cheesy Texas) restaurant with a motel attached. I checked prices on the motel and they're pretty cheap, so that's where we'll stay overnight. I think we'll have fun doing the silly cliche Texas things that we've never done before.
Probably the best thing about Joshua is that he just goes along with the silly things I want. He's really flexible and as long as it's not awful, he'll do it. He's so much fun and I can't wait to experience these little things with him.
Other than officially having our orders and trying to get things ready for the big move home, we haven't been up to much. Joshua was gone this past week to a field mission so last week was dead boring. This week, he is home so I am MUCH happier.
I finished the entire new collection of 5 books that I bought. I ordered some new ones to help take up some more time while I'm off work and Joshua is working. I got those in very quickly! So this is my list so far:
Hunger Games-finished
Catching Fire-finished
The Mocking Jay-finished
Sarah's Key-finished
The Help-finished
The Time of the Butterflies
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Vampire Diaries (1st book)
Room
I'm currently working on The Time of the Butterflies. So far, it isn't half bad! Hopefully these books will help hold me until I can get home to America and head to Half Price Books or at the very least, a Barnes and Nobles!

Well, that's all I have for now. Until next time :)
xoxo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment